Sunday 10 March 2013

Hooked on Roses


At the end of last year I made several cards the same as this one but this one I made for my Mum for Mother's Day.  When I visited my Facebook page this morning one of my cousins had posted a lovely message as her status and I thought I'd share it here. 

"Happy Mothers Day to my wonderful Mum, a truly brilliant lady, who I love dearly....to me, seeing I'm a pretty great mum too lol, to all you other lovely mums, hope you all have a great day, getting waited on hand an foot! and to those who's very special Mums are in heaven, a big huge hug ♥

I've become totally hooked on making these roses using the English Rose Marianne die and several more of these cards will appear on my blog shortly.  You can check this post to find out about the other items used to put this card together.  

Here are a few more views.

 


This next card is the one I made for Elaine and Ian to give their Granny and it uses Marianne's Anja Squares set of dies.  Another set of dies I've become hooked on using and my addiction is spreading as members of our Tuesday Crafting Bee have been adding both the roses dies and Anja squares dies to their stash.  The die cut behind the sentiment was made using a Spellbinders label die.



I also can't stop using the backing papers from the Nitwits collection Thimbles and Threads.

Wishing all Mums reading this a lovely day.  Although it's a cold snowy day here that won't stop me enjoying the bar of chocolate, new book, set of vouchers to trade in at a later date which cover washing dishes, hoovering and a lunch out and lovely cards I've been given and then there's the Dancing on Ice final and Call the Midwife to sit back and watch too.  Perfect. 

Thanks for reading today
Liz xx

I'd like to enter these cards in the following challenges
A Gem of a Challenge 70 - A Frenzy of Flowers
Totally Gorjuss Challenge 174 - For Mum
Crafts 4 Eternity Challenge 114 - Marvellous Mums
4 Crafty Chicks Challenge 132 - Die for Dies
In the Pink Challenge 15 - Mother's Day/Floral
The Paper Shelter Challenge 102 - Punches and Dies
Bearly Mine Challenge 76 - Mother's Day
Crafty Sentiments Challenge - Pretty in Pink
Creative Craft Challenges 2 - Challenge 5 - Mother's Day
Dream Valley Challenge 52 - Mother's Day
Joanna Sheen Challenge - Mum's the Word

16 comments:

  1. These are just beautiful! I love those roses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning, such pretty colours and wonderful roses. Thanks for playing at TG

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely gorgeous Liz, I love the layout and all the die cut work is wonderful. Thanks so much for playing at Crafty Sentiments!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh wow these are so beautiful liz.wonderful designs and i love your pretty roses and colours :D

    xx coops xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness Liz these are beautiful! Love your roses and the Anjou dies - so beautiful. And the papers are stunning too! Hugs Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both of your cards are stunning, but I really love the roses on the first... and you've used a perfect trifold to show them off well!

    Thanks for sharing at In The Pink... hope to see you here again soon with another fabbie pink creation!

    Hugs
    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice, perfect to honor a mom.
    Thank you for playing with us this week at Craft 4 Eternity.

    ReplyDelete
  8. very pretty card
    Thanks for joinng us at Crafty sentiments this week
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow these are soooooooooo detailed
    Good luck in the challenges, hugs Sarah-Louise My Blog - Tiggertastic

    Designing for:

    Sketch Saturday , Bearly Mine Designs and Kenny K

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning cards Liz. I love the pretty colours, wonderful designs and your flowers are so beautiful.

    Thank you for taking part in the Joanna Sheen Challenge
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty card, I love your use of soft colors! Thank you for joining us at the Crafty Sentiments Designs Challenge! I hope you play along with us again soon!

    Jackie, Crafty Sentiments Designs DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for playing our dies challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both cards are full of inspiration, texture, fabulous colors and wonderful use of dies! Wow factor indeed for elegance. Thank you so much for sharing it with us at 4 Crafty Chicks.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Simply beautiful! I LOVE roses...will you grow some my way? LOL! Thanks for sharing this lovely card with us at the Paper Shelter's Punches & Dies Challenge :)
    Love and blessings, Lori

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a pretty card. Thanks for joining us at Dream Valley x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Simply beautiful! Thanks for joining Creative Craft Challenge.

    ReplyDelete