Friday 28 December 2012

Christmas Cards for 2012


These are three cards from a batch of twenty-two easy make cards that were put together for this Christmas and are from a Create and Craft kit I bought a few years ago.  After making the decoupage the front was cut from the kit base card and layered up to fit a rectangular scalloped card.  The small matching picture from the back of the card was die cut and layered using circle nestabilities dies and added to the back and after adding an insert the only other embellishments were either ribbon or gold elastic cord.  The matching sticker in the kit was used as a seal to the envelope. 

Here are most of the ninety-nine Christmas cards I made this year.







 I didn't manage to have them all finished before three went overseas and my Mum took some up to Orkney to deliver for me.  Here are the final makes.



My Spellbinders poinsettia dies have been well used this year and I had a fine system set up where they were cut using the Big Shot and embossed using the Grand Calibur which saved changing plates or adjusting the platform on the Big Shot.  However, with so many forward and backward handle turns on the Grand Calibur the screws holding the handle in place in the inside fell out and we had to open up the Calibur to put it together again.

Hope you've all had a lovely time over Christmas.

Thanks for reading
Liz xx

2 comments:

  1. Oh my word - what a spectacular selection, Liz!!! I have to confess that I'm not a huge fan of kit card decoupage but I love how you have remounted them with additional layers and used the image from the back of the original card for the front. They look really great. I spot some lovely SU baubles in your makes and they look great mounted up on the scallop squares with your thread around them. Your winter scene cards look very elegant and I love your snowmen with the mittens. As for your Poinsettia cards... WOW! they are gorgeous!!! Truly beautiful in the larger and the smaller size and I'm tempted to buy the die you have used even though I already own a different make of Poinsettia. Using your two machines was a very clever idea and the results are spectacular! Thank you for sharing these lovelies. Festive hugs, Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow these are fantastic liz :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete