Wednesday 19 December 2012

Another Special "O" Birthday



Janet, our monthly Saturday crafting group host, celebrated a special birthday on the 12th of December and this is the card I made for her.  Once again I've cased a card I've made twice this year but I know that Janet likes vintage styled cards, and also stamps of this style, so I wanted to make one for her too.  The colour scheme for this one was taken from the K & Co. patterned backing paper. It's when you change colour schemes and the products used around a rubber stamp that you realise how versatile they are.  To see the blue version I made click here and for a brown and pink one click here.

The Inkadinkado lady images and the Hero Arts flower images were coloured by using three different colours of ink pads.  A dark rosy pink and an antique gold one, which I think came from Anna Griffin kits, and also indigo island from Stampin' up.  



I think these Inkadinkadoo stamps would be included in my all time favourites and I could quite happily go on making this card again and again and experiment with different colourways.  Don't be surprised if it crops up again a few times next year. 


Off to do some Christmas decorating whilst waiting for a delivery today as I've promised that it'll be beginning to look a lot like Christmas by the time the family get home today.  Sorry if I've just put that song in your head.  They've been very patient with me by letting me finish off Christmas cards first before concentrating on our own preparations but I think, with less than a week to go, it's time there was festive feel around here.

Thanks for reading
Liz xx

I'd like to enter this card in the following challenge
Make It Monday - Anything Goes

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Thank you so much for joining us at Make it Monday! Don't forget to leave a comment for another entry and mention you saw them on MIM for a chance at our second prize! Good luck and I hope to see you back soon!
    Rene :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful, beautiful card Liz.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  3. so beautiful liz.stunning pretty colours and details and i love the vintage image :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Liz
    I am here from MIM again to have a look at another of your gorgeous creations and this one is no exception! Love every element you used. Decorated to perfection from the outside and inside too.
    Michaela xx

    ReplyDelete