Friday 10 August 2012

Make and Takes


These two cards and bookmark clip were make and takes at two of Carol's Stampin'up Workshops recently.  As well as being a Stampin' up demonstrator she is also our Crafting Bee host on a Tuesday and she has recently started holding crafting classes at the residential complex where her Mum lives.  I think she's amused at the enthusiasm that is growing with each session at the centre and the speed at which they complete their projects.

Although I hadn't been able to attend the workshop to make the card on the left Carol kindly saved me a kit and I made it during one of our Crafting Bee meets.  Attending a workshop is a great chance to try out products but unfortunately the wish list tends to grow.  Whilst making the card on the right Anne was amused to discover that I didn't own a bone folder and that in making the book pin I used silicon glue for the first time.  Even after eight years of crafting there are still some basic tools and techniques I haven't got or tried. 

I enjoy attending workshops as I really find it difficult to know when to stop adding embellishments or another layer when card making.  Having to follow the demonstrator's lead takes this pressure off and there's usually the added bonus of a nice cuppa and fine piece with the chance to meet other crafters too.

Thanks for reading
Liz xx

I'd like to enter these cards in the following challenge
Make It Monday - Anything Goes

12 comments:

  1. Gorgeous cards Liz, love these colours together and pretty designs. Carolxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards - workshops always add to the 'crafty wish list'!
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two great cards Liz, I especially like the colours and crisp feel to the one on the left.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning cards, gorgeous colours and such fabulous designs

    I hope you have a good weekend
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow these are stunning liz.really stylish designs :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous cards! just popped over to tell you you need to check the winners post at Top Tip Tuesday xxx
    hugs Samantha x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Liz love these colour combinations, right up my street.

    Hugs Erika.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous creations.
    Sarah-Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous cards Liz. I saw these on MIM..Loz

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both are fabulous makes ..great colour combos here too . Thanks for sharing on Make it Monday .

    ReplyDelete
  11. So very pretty with so many details! Popped over from MIM for a closer look!

    Leigh S-B
    LeighSBDesigns.blogspot.com
    DominoARTblog.blogspot.com
    TCRSChalenge.blogspot.com - TCCC#3 Altered Dominoes

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great cards- love the LO's you used and the pretty colors! I found you at MIM!

    ReplyDelete