Monday 3 October 2011

Visited the Land of Sugar .........

Although it was a pouring day of rain on Saturday I ended up having a lovely day out.  Firstly I met up with my Mum, secondly we visited the Paper Crafts Boutique in Elgin which is the home of Sugar Nellie and thirdly we saw two very talented ladies, Jenny and Erika, demonstrating there.

I hadn't seen my Mum in over a year so when she said she was travelling down to Inverness and Lossiemouth last week the opportunity to meet up at the weekend couldn't be missed.  Unfortunately I got a shock when I saw her as she'd taken a tumble her first night away and had basically landed on her nose.  Apart from her nose the main damage seemed to be to her glasses which were badly scratched. 

We spent the morning going round and round the craft shop looking at all the goodies.  I don't know how many circuits we must have done but there was loads to see and watch.  Jenny passed on lots of tips and techniques on how to use embossing folders in our card making.  She was also using Promarkers to colour the new Sugar Nellie Christmas stamps which led both Mum and I to buying a couple each of us.  I couldn't resist those penguins after seeing Jenny's card or Furry Friends.  You can see them in my purchases picture below.  It was Mum's first Sugar Nellie stamp purchase and she went on to start her Promarker collection too.  The staff in the shop were so helpful in advising her on which pens to select. 


Erika was demonstrating the new sets of Nestabilities dies.  She had several beautiful projects on display showing how the dies could be used in combination to create decorations, decorated canvases, cards, wreathes, banners and 3D baubles and snowflakes.  I am in awe of her talent to be able to create these projects and to see first hand how the different sets could be used together.  There was so much to take in on Saturday that I'm hoping that she'll be posting some of her projects on her blog.  I went home with a couple of canvases, one for my daughter and one for myself , to attempt to decorate and apart from a pack of cards that was my purchases for the day.  Mum however didn't hold back and is away back to Orkney with a variety of goodies to add to her crafting stash.  

After taking a break and having lunch at Christies Garden Centre in Fochabers we did some other shopping in Elgin and then went back to the craft shop for a final circuit before calling it a day.  I think we both had a lovely day and the adrenalin was still flowing so much that I didn't fall asleep on the drive back to Aberdeen but did sleep like a log that night.

Special thanks must go to my hubby who drove us around all day and when he wasn't driving he waited in the car, reading his book, whilst the rain poured down outside.  His patience was much appreciated by two happy ladies.

Thanks for reading
Liz xx

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you both had a lovely day Liz.....so glad you enjoyed your visit to the shop :) Hope your mum enjoys using her new promarkers and would love to see what you do with the canvases.

    Jenny xx

    ReplyDelete