Wednesday 8 June 2011

TYTT - Trash Your Table Tuesday

When I read Kath's blog on a Wednesday her entry relates to what's on her workdesk for that day.  A group of ladies send in links from their blogs to "What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday" .  This isn't something I've taken part in yet but yesterday, when I looked at the mess I'd created around me, I thought about starting my own group called Trash Your Table Tuesday and here's why.


The reason behind this chaos was the adrenalin rush of actually getting around to creating a scrapbook page after all these years.  When I first started card making my intention had been to scrapbook after being inspired by an Anna Griffin demonstration on QVC but apart from a double page spread, which I made under supervision at a class, that's as far as Id got.  Recently a lovely lady called Linda joined another little craft group I meet up with.  Along with all her Stampin' Up inspired cards and projects she also brought her scrapbooks and offered to help us get started with our scrapbooking.  Prior to our first meeting Linda sent us a sketch which gave us the opportunity to choose a photo and prepare the papers and embellishments we might want to add to our page.  I thoroughly enjoyed the session last night and everyone worked away on their own project and produced very different pages based on the same sketch.  

Here's the sketch which Linda chose from the June selection at Page Maps and also my interpretation.  As you'll notice I turned the sketch around to suit the photo I'd chosen.




I just knew that unused Harry Potter gift tag would come in useful one day.

This is a 12"x12" page

Papers used
Plain coloured cardstock from the Papeterie, Aberdeen
Patterned papers were printed from the Docrafts Daisy and Dandelion CD
The title was created using the graphics programme in the Daisy and Dandelion CD
The Hogwarts badge is a gift tag

Tools used
Quickutz Single Die -  RS0168 - Square Tag
Quickutz Double Die - KS0257 - Treat Bag
Quickutz Single Die - RS0088 - Jack-o-Lantern
Quickutz Double Die - KS0322 - Shield
Woodware 1" circle punch
Woodware 1/2" circle punch
Spellbinders Nestabilities - Standard Circles Large
Spellbinders Nestabilities - Petite Scalloped Circles Large
Spellbinders Nestabilities - Classic Squares Large
Spellbinders Nestabilities - Classic Rectangles Large
Stampin' Up border punch - Scalloped edge

Embellishments used
Crystal dot peel-offs

Top Tip for this project would have to be the rik-rak ribbon I managed to create using the Stampin' Up scalloped edged border punch.

Thanks for reading
Liz x

No comments:

Post a Comment